According to a 2010 study conducted by a group of scientists from the leading universities in the USA, only 20% of people manage to lose excess weight effectively. One of the reasons that makes losing weight such a hard task is the plateau effect. This is a phenomenon where the weight stops decreasing despite all efforts. Of course, when there is no progress, people get disappointed and tend to stop leading a healthy lifestyle. Bright Side has found scientifically proven ways to make the weight decrease even if you are in the plateau phase.
However, if your scales show the same result every time you step on them — even after several weeks of hard training — try a tape measure! The chances are high that you’ve been building muscle and losing fat all this time. Also, check how your clothes fit. Loose jeans will be the perfect motivation to proceed with your efforts!
Take up resistance training 0:46
Change the caloric value of your food throughout the week 1:38
Distinguish a real weight loss plateau from an imaginary one 2:59
Increase the amount of proteins and vegetables you consume 3:53
Alternate different sets of exercises 4:46
Occasionally spoil yourself with tasty food 5:26
Remember to re-evaluate your calorie consumption 6:17
Make sure you sleep enough 6:58
Count your calories 7:36
Consider the peculiarities of your body 8:55
#loseweight #plateaueffect #plateauephase
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– As soon as you start to lose weight in earnest, your metabolic rate slows down. Paradoxically, the more weight you shed, the fewer calories you’ll burn.
– When you’re dieting, your body gets used to the reduced amount of food you allow yourself to eat. As a result, it cuts down your energy expenditure.
– In truth, a healthy weight loss process cannot be fast. By using physical training or a special diet meal plan, you need to create a serious deficit of calories.
– To speed up your weight loss process, you can also cut back on carbohydrates and increase your protein intake. Low-carb diets are highly effective if you want to get rid of excess weight.
– Try to change your training program once a month. Alternate yoga with pilates, pilates with step aerobics, and step aerobics with resistance training.
– Your neuronal connections should be functioning correctly if you want to resist the temptation to eat. But when a person has been dieting for a long time, their brain starts to send them powerful urges to munch on something tasty.
– The number of calories you need to support or decrease your weight depends not only on your physical activity but on your body mass as well.
– When you don’t get enough sleep, your metabolic rate drops. In addition, your hormone levels change, which leads to increased appetite and its resulting fat storage.
– People tend to underestimate the amount and caloric value of the food they consume.
– Remember that when you’re trying to get rid of excess weight, you shouldn’t rely solely on your scales to inform you about your progress.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: